Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 2 - Revolutionary news

Jennifer recently informed me that brown sugar is not better for you than white sugar!! This has totally blown my mind!! Apparently, it is coated with some minerals (from molasses), but not enough to say that it is better for you than white sugar. And all this time I thought I was being so much more healthy ... 

Anyways, on a lighter note, this week we are baking more cupcakes!! 

Jennifer is on a study break, so she will be baking Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes at her home, which she will be hopefully telling us all about soon. Her mum is a great baker, so it is her genes to excel at baking ;) No pressure Jennifer!!

I will be baking this week Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes (sounds so fancy!!) at the flat at university (because I still have classes), as my course does not have study breaks. We only have one examination, whereas Jennifer will have a bit more than one, so there is more of a need to have a study break. 

Yesterday I bought a piping bag from TK Max, and I am super excited to start using it!! Would you guys have any tips for beginners at icing cakes through piping bags? 

I would also like to ask you guys whether you have made either of these cupcakes before, and if you would have any tips. 

It is so awesome to see so many of you reading about our baking adventures!! Thank you guys so much, it is really encouraging us in this challenge!! Especially as exams are coming up ;)

The Baking Students xx


No comments:

Post a Comment