Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week Two: Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes

This is an awesome description by Jennifer of her baking the Toasted Marshmallow Cakes from last week:
I went home for reading week to take a break from Uni. But not from baking :) There was already quite a bit of cake in my house but there is no such thing as too much cake!! 

For the baking challenge I made toasted marshmallow cupcakes (or fairy cakes as I would call them). They are suitable for vegetarians as there is no gelatin in the recipe for the marshmallow topping :) 

The ingredients

Getting some elbow grease on!!
               
Selfie time 
                                           
The butter/sugar/biscuit/egg mixture

Sieving flour - still not quite ready

Ready to go in the oven

Another selfie :)
                                       
Waiting patiently ...

Now waiting for the cakes to cool
                           
First time making marshmallow topping

And first time making ganache!

Finally get to assemble the cakes

The finished product!! Worth the wait. I am so proud of these!

It was the first time I had ever made ganache which was exciting. If I ever make these again I would double the mixture for the ganache and topping. The cakes turned out well, especially once I grilled the tops of the marshmallow, but as usual I made quite a bit of mess. So much mess that my family went out for tea because they did not want to cook tea in our messy kitchen ha ha.

Till next time,

The Baking Students xx

No comments:

Post a Comment