Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week Four: Neapolitan Madeleines

This week has been choc-a-block full of cycles of coughs, attempting to study, and babysitting. Oh, and emergency group meetings. Nevertheless, Jennifer and I made the Neapolitan Madeleines on Monday, along with a Carrot Cake with cream cheese filling. Not bad for students with upcoming exams (and a sick person). 

Firstly, we made the Madeleines:

Beginnings of the Madeleines

The spread of bakingness on our kitchen bench
The naked Madeleines!!
Quick, let's cover them with chocolate ganache and sprinkle!!

The ganache.
I was multi-tasking here, so while Jennifer was making the ganache I made the batter for the carrot cake. I didnt have a spare bowl, so I made it in my largest saucepan :D 

Carrot cake batter
Sophie came and helped us put the sprinkles on top of  the ganache.
The sprinkles looks so perfectly sprinkled!! Awesome job Sophie :D
There was a chain here, teamwork!! Jennifer covered the madeleines with chocolate ganache, and Sophie sprinkled them with hundreds and thousands, and I took photos ;)

Teamwork!!
My carrot cake!! Here I cut it in half to line the cake with the cream cheese filling. 
The carrot cake turned out well, and unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the final product. I think it actually got better the longer you left it in the fridge ;) 

The Madeleines were great!! And, again. Forgot to take a photo of the final product ;) haha

Till next time,

The Baking Students xx

No comments:

Post a Comment