Saturday, December 3, 2016

Bake stall

I woke up yesterday morning to a kitchen table laden with cakes and other bakes. There was apple bread, madeleines, chocolate cupcakes, double chocolate muffins, chocolate cookies and vegan banana muffins. And later I would be adding icing to the chocolate cupcakes and orange (not lemon) muffins. Not a bad amount of baking for 6 people!! 

Our kitchen table with all the bakes :) 
Invitation to our bake sale

So lately we have been super busy preparing for a Tearfund bake sale at university. Jennifer and I were stumped with work, and yet we pushed on. And I am so glad we did!!

Last night at 5:30pm the bake sale was supposed to start, and I was still making the finishing touches to the chocolate cupcakes and orange muffins, Jennifer was writing down the placards for all the bakes that we had, and we were revving to go!! We then covered the bakes with cling film, walked down the to the local bar at university, and manoeuvred the bakes and placards on the table to make them look the most appealing. Not a hard job, as they were all stunningly beautiful :D I am so annoyed I didn't take a picture to remember it by!!

So .... drum roll please ....

We raised a whopping 38 pounds for Tearfund!!!! I would think that that is amazing for a 30 minute bake sale. 

Just thought I would give you guys an update, and to tell you that we are behind on schedule since we only made Breakfast muffins last week and no new bakes this week. So, heaps more baking to come!!

The Breakfast Muffins!! I was so busy that Jennifer and Sophie made them and I ate them on the run :D Yes, you heard me right, Sophie helped make them ;) 


The Baking Students

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment