Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 13: Date, Maple and Pecan Cookies

Jennifer wrote this post :) I have had so many wonderful reviews from these cookies!! A match made in heaven <3 


For a change we made these date, maple and pecan cookies vegan which is good because it means there is finally some baking Pamela can taste.


Laura made the maple and pecan butter by roasting pecans in the oven and then blitzing them in a blend active with maple syrup.


I beated the butter and sugars together and then stirred in the maple and pecan butter, dates and banana (which was the egg replacement).

In another bowl I sieved the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.

I folded in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

I put the dough in the fridge for half an hour. Sophie had a good music playlist on which helped pass the time as I am impatient.

After half an hour, Laura came back and we rolled the dough into many balls and pressed them with a fork.



We put the cookies in the oven for ten minutes. They were still soft when they came out but they hardened up as they cooled.
Till next time,

The Baking Students xx


No comments:

Post a Comment